On October 6, it was again time for the annual Asset | Econometrics Cycling Dinner. Many couples subscribed, who all prepared a delicious dish. This year’s task was to create the best French starter, Mexican main course and Italian dessert. The winners for the starter were Belle de Veer and Tessa Stehouwer, who prepared a French salad with traditional French baguette and ricotta. Jeroen Pars and Floris van Loo were the winners for the main course, as they prepared a real Mexican tortilla dish. The prize for the best dessert was won by Tim van der Heijden and Thijs Kramer, as they made actual Italian Ricotta-Cream Pie. The recipes for these fantastic dishes can be found below.
French salad, traditional French baguette and ricotta
The ingredients needed for this outstanding starter are the following:
For the salad
- Mixed Rucola
- Figs, in pieces
- Roasted pecans
- Goat Cheese
- Cherry Jam
- A salad-dressing from balsamic vinegar, bijon mustard, olive oil, pepper and salt
The salad is combined with bread and three different spreads.
- Blueberry Ricotta
- Strawberry Ricotta
- Ricotta with lemon rasp
Mexican Tortilla Dish
The recipe for the tortilla pie that can be seen in the picture above can be found here. It takes about twenty minutes to prepare and some twenty minutes more before it is finished.
Ingredients for four persons:
- 350 g chickenbreast
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 500 g Mexican stirfrying vegetables
- 390 g sugo pastasauce pikant
- 250 g pineapple pieces
- 8 tortillawraps
- 25 g grated cheese
- Round ovendish (volume: circa two liters)
- Preheat the oven at 200°C. Bake the pieces of chickenbreast in the oil until they turn golden brown. Remove the chicken from the wok.
- Use the same wok to prepare the vegetables as indicated on its package. Add the pastasauce, pineapple and chicken and boil it while stirring it.
- Put approximately 1/5 of the mixture in the ovendish and put a tortillawrap on top of it. Cover it in grated cheese. Now take another 1/5 of the vegetable mixture, put a tortilla on top of it, cover it with cheese, and repeat this until there are no tortillas left. Top it all off with a layer of sauce and the rest of the grated cheese.
- Put the dish in the middle of the oven for 20 minutes. Cut it into pieces and present it on flat plates.
Italian Ricotta-Cream Pie
The recipe for the ricotta-cream pie, wonderfully portrayed in the picture below, can be found here.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 gelatin leafs
- 200 ml fresh orange juice/strawberry juice
- 16-20 ladyfinger biscuits
- 3 eggs (egg yolk separated from egg white)
- 100 g sugar
- 250 g ricotta
- 200 ml cream (not yet whipped)
- 250 g strawberries
- 2 tablespoons of roasted pinenuts
Grease the spring cake tin with the use of olive oil. Soak the gelatin leafs in cold water for about five minutes. Next pour 150 ml of the juice in a deep plate and dip the ladyfinger biscuits in it. Cover the bottom of the cake tin with the lady fingers. Next mix the egg yolk in a bowl together with the sugar until it becomes a firm cream. Mix the ricotta through it on the lowest setting. Mix the cream in another bowl until it is lobes and stir it in 2-3 portion through the ricotta mixture. Now heat the rest of the juice on a smallf ire. Squeeze the gelatin and let it dissolve in the hot juice while stirring. Gently stir the juice through the ricotta mixture and divide it across the bottom of ladyfinger biscuits. Smoothen the top and let it stiffen in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours. Finish it off with strawberries and roasted pine nuts.